Liberty Speech Pathology
CALL 8337 3188 TODAY
Shop 3/145 Montacute Rd
Newton SA 5074
Workshops & Training for schools & other settings
Who uses Liberty Speech Pathology workshops and training sessions?
- Primary Schools
- High Schools
- Child Care Settings
- Parent’s groups
- Other organisations that work with children
What Workshops/Seminars are available?
Key Word Signing for children with communication difficulties – 4 - 5 hours
- What, why, who & how of key word signing
- Practical activities: learning 150 Auslan signs
Children’s Speech and Language Development – What to expect – 2 hours
- What normal development looks like
- Signs to look for that suggest that there might be a problem with speech or language
Fostering Speech and Language Skills in Young Children – 2 hours
- Practical activities that you can use at home, kindy or child care centre to maximise opportunities for speech and language development.
Communication for Non-Verbal Children – 2 hours
- Creating motivation for children to communicate
- Creating opportunities for children to communicate
- Working with symbols to help children to communicate
Emergent Literacy – 3 hours
- Pre-literacy skills: the skills children need before they can learn to read
- Practical activities for home, kindy or child care centre to foster emergent literacy skills
Phonological Awareness: The Building Blocks for Literacy Success – 2 hours
- The underlying skills that are critical for literacy success
- Working with children who struggle with literacy – from theory to practice
Stuttering in the School-Aged child – 2 hours
- Facts & Fiction about stuttering
- Strategies for teachers
Classroom strategies for language disordered children (time dependant on school needs). Content depends on individual school needs and may include:
- Effective Questioning
- Word-retrieval strategies
- Visual aids in the classroom
- Strategies for children with receptive language difficulties
- Other areas of language delay or disorder relevant to your individual students
Other workshops relating to speech, language, fluency or literacy can be tailored to your school’s or centre’s needs – just ask!
How do I book a workshop/seminar?
Phone Liberty Speech Pathology on 8337 3188 to make a booking or discuss your centre’s training needs.