Speech Pathology Child Checklists
If you are concerned about your child’s speech or language development, please view our online age-based Child Checklists or complete our online enquiry form to have one of our Speech Pathologists contact you.
Why does my child or teenager need a Speech Pathologist?
You should refer any child:
- If you or other people are having difficulty understanding your child
- If people think your child is younger than they are because of the way they speak
- If your child is being teased or showing frustration because of the way they talk
- If your child is using fewer words than other children their age
- If your child stutters
- If your child’s interactions or play seems unusual or inappropriate
- If your child is struggling with reading or writing
- Who has a diagnosis that could affect his/her speech or language such as hearing loss, auditory processing disorder, autism, Aspbergers Syndrome, developmental delay, etc.
Checklist indicators for referring to speech pathology:
Simply click your child’s age below for an age-appropriate checklist.